The article you linked to was a very old article. I already responded to that.
I would need some tests to prove that it’s still true today. The tests that I
saw seemed to indicate that it wasn’t.

Philosophically, I think you are tying the behavior of UIBase too closely with
the thinking behind Jewel which relies very heavily on class names and requires
that users do not change that. I don’t think that’s going to be true for every
component set.

I completely agree with Alex’s response.

My $0.02,
Harbs