Hi Alex,

Jewel components extends UIBase or the basic version
For example
Jewel Button extends Basic Button,
Jewel TextField extends Basic TextField
Jewel Slider extends UIBase (since in Jewel like in MDL Slider is an input
range and not 2 buttons)

the main reason is that majority of basic controls can be what Jewel needs
except for html needed (we needed structures most like MDL does) and need
to add some property methods to add  / remove CSS rules.

That's the main reason behind, in the end is to replicate what I did in MDL
but using royale components and our own structure since we define the theme
css rule selectors.

Hope it make more sense now.

thanks

Carlos