The AS3 & MXML extension for VSCode bundles Royale 0.9.4, which doesn't
understand abstract. Maybe you forgot to use the as3mxml.sdk.editor setting
to tell it to use 0.9.6 for code intelligence? In other words, both
as3mxml.sdk.framework and as3mxml.sdk.editor need to point to 0.9.6.

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>