Hi Kohei,

some more thoughts... :-)

Do we really need the "SheetName" string member in the "ExternalReference" struct? How about transporting the index of the cache in the "Sheet" member of the SingleReference/ComplexReference? The index should be available as attribute in XExternalSheetCache similar to the TokenIndex attribute in XExternalDocLink. This would allow to use external multi-sheet ranges, because the ComplexReference will contain two cache indexes.

The only thing we will lose is the possibility to encode sheet-local external names. But as we do not support internal sheet-local names yet, we have to think about a (consistent) solution for both cases in the future.

Daniel