When skipping Javacode and Bundles (which I'm not so happy with) one option
would also be to have something like a ResourceProvider that for "dev" time
redirects and takes data from the FS. As long as we have the mentioned same
machine scenario the synchronisation is IMHO not necessary, better have a
FS Resourceprovider that gets more capabilities than the current one. IDE
support could even have some trigger to switch between FS-mode and
Repo-Mode with an automatic deployment/push when switching.

WDYT?

Dominik