Hi Carsten,

It looks like we have a different classpath when it fails and when it
doesn't
Maybe you can put a mvn dependency:tree in the job and check how it looks
in the two cases.

Also, AFAIK the fact that the maven dependency resolution mechanism puts
the ones defined in the project pom and replaces the transient ones is an
implementation detail. Or it was not enforced in maven 2. Or something like
that. Or maybe I'm wrong :) anyway, it would make sense to see the maven
version in the two cases, in case the job is run on different jenkins
slaves.

Let me know if I can help in any way.
-Andrei