On Tuesday 20 September 2016 14:57:40 Robert Munteanu wrote:
> On Tue, 2016-09-20 at 13:49 +0200, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > I think we created a monster when it comes to configuration
> > requirements
> > with the Oak server bundle.
> >
> > Have a look at [1] where I had to add dozens of configurations just
> > get a JCR repository running. And this requires not only OSGi
> > configurations but also framework properties.
> >
> > Let's start with that one: It seems the tar implementation is fine
> > without a system property and creates a directory in the current dir.
> > However, the indexing fails and requires "repository.home" to be set.
> > think this should default to something valuable as well. There is no
> > point in failing.
> >
> > Then we have all these OSGi configurations - I really think we should
> > not need them and simply deploying the right bundles should be
> > enough.
> > It's a nightmare right now.
>
> I think most of the configurations are required by Oak itself, as
> opposed to the oak-server bundle.

Right, this is an Oak issue. See [1] for our Oak Server bundle.

> Do you see something that we can fix in Sling?

Lucene Indexing should be optional, SLING-5796.

And use Testing PaxExam which comes with all required configurations.

Regards,
O.

[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk/bundles/jcr/oak-server/src/main/java/org/apache/sling/jcr/oak/server/internal/OakSlingRepositoryManagerConfiguration.java