On Tuesday 20 September 2016 16:04:07 Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> >> I think most of the configurations are required by Oak itself, as
> >> opposed to the oak-server bundle.
> >
> > Right, this is an Oak issue. See [1] for our Oak Server bundle.
> >
> >> Do you see something that we can fix in Sling?
> >
> > Lucene Indexing should be optional, SLING-5796.
>
> I have no special indexing bundle added, but nevertheless I got an
> exception with the above mentioned message.

oak-lucene – when it's optional in our Oak Server we can use an in-memory node
store in our tests and get rid of any file paths configurations (and disk
I/O).

> > And use Testing PaxExam which comes with all required configurations.
>
> I want to keep my dependencies low

One bundle (3 classes) vs. lots of boilerplate code... YMMV.

But Oak really should provide sensible defaults and document what's
configurable.

Regards,
O.