Chetan Mehrotra wrote
> On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 2:53 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cziege...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>> For now, we limit the functionality as we have to support every feature
>> across all resource providers.
>
> Okie. But may be we can add support for filtering hint. If the
> underlying implementation can optimize for that it would be useful for
> such deployments. If not then underlying implementation can resort to
> hard work.
>
> For e.g. some impls cannot do sort of query result but that does not
> mean to not have sort support. Just that those implementations would
> do in memory sorting. Not performant but works. Similar can be the
> case for filtering criteria

Ok, if we go with a hint, we still should not go crazy and add too many
options.
Let's just focus on things that are of use today.

We'll probably soon release the API, so if we want to have something
like that it would be great if someone can come up with a proposal :)

 Carsten

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland