Hi,

On 13 October 2017 at 13:25, Oliver Lietz <apa...@oliverlietz.de> wrote:

> On Friday 13 October 2017 13:00:53 Ian Boston wrote:
> > On 13 October 2017 at 11:16, Robert Munteanu <romb...@apache.org> wrote:
> > > Hi Ian,
>
> Hi,

> > > No objections here.
> > >
> > > Related to the pull request - is it required for bundles consuming
> > > testing.paxexam to bump up their dependency version?
> >
> > If those bundles want to perform integration tests on Oak 1.7.9 then they
> > need to bump the dependency.
> > Some do, some dont, so I bumped all to make certain all would still build
> > on Oak 1.7.9.
> >
> > The first one that needs to do a release, will have to release paxexam at
> > the same time... and fix the references to the 0.0.5-SNAPSHOT version.
> >
> > I assume that was done before since all were on 0.0.4.
>
> no need for a new release of Testing PaxExam (but will do a release soon
> anyway), you can override the version for Oak with the one from POM (was
> done
> in the past e.g. for Oak Server):

Between Oak 1.6.5 and Oak 1.7.9 there has been a modularisation effort.
Whereas selecting a version of Oak prior to 1.7.9 was a simple task of
changing a single oak-core version number (actually 2 since Jackrabbit API
is versioned with Oak releases), between 1.7.9 and later there are 6
additional bundles. It is true I could have done that in oak-server,
however that wouldn't be appropriate for other bundles, some of which
broke.

Not building with ITs having Oak 1.7.9 or later for every bundle risks
releasing a Sling bundle that wont work with that version of the Oak
server. So far I have not seen a breakage of that nature, but that is no
longer an unknown risk.

I hope that makes sense and is clear from the patch itself.

Best Regards
Ian