I was able to build the same release code on OS X 10.10.5 using Java 1.8.0_40
via mvn clean install. As a simple test, I was able to use the EntityHub
Generic indexer to index a medium-sized vocabulary of interest to my site
without difficulty. I did notice that the default config for the Generic
indexer uses the namespace prefix bio: for http://vocab.org/bio/0.1/, which is
apparently no longer an included preset. This throws a warning during operation
[1}. Also, the usage note for the Generic indexer refers to
"org.apache.stanbol.indexing.core-*-jar-with-dependencies.jar" when in fact the
artifact is now called
"org.apache.stanbol.entityhub.indexing.genericrdf-*.jar". I can send a PR for
these minor annoyances if that would be useful.

---
A. Soroka
The University of Virginia Library

[1] E.g.

14:40:46,767 [main] WARN  mapping.FieldMappingUtils - Unable to parse
fieldMapping because of unknown namespace prefix
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The prefix 'bio' is unknown (not mapped to
an namespace) by the Stanbol Namespace Prefix Mapping Service. Please change
the configuration to use the full URI instead of 'bio:*'!