Now might be a time to consider making version-sensitive modules ((kafk, ES)
maven multi-modules.

I've never really liked "storm-Kafka" and "storm-kafka-client" as
differentiators of Kafka 0.9..X and 0.10.x. I'd tend toward something like:

storm-Kafka/
    /0.9.x
    /0.10.x

I would think the same thing would apply to ES.

I'm +1 for supporting both versions, with careful consideration wrt how and
when  to deprecate or EOL support for a version line.

-Taylor