Github user srishtyagrawal commented on the issue:

    @erikdw @vinodkc @revans2 @srdo

    I am encountering the following checkstyle error while building my code :
    ```
    <error line="46" severity="warning" message="Abbreviation in name
&apos;taskID&apos; must contain no more than &apos;2&apos; consecutive capital
letters."
source="com.puppycrawl.tools.checkstyle.checks.naming.AbbreviationAsWordInNameCheck"/>
    ```

    This error, I figured is because of the [AbbreviationAsWordInName setting
in
storm_checkstyle.xml](https://github.com/apache/storm/blob/7043dea8e487d55510c120ada39d18b5bd08451a/storm-buildtools/storm_checkstyle.xml#L197).
 The variable taskID has 2 consecutive capital letters and this creates a
warning (which is a violation and hence the build does not go through). [The
default setting according to the checkstyle documentation is
3](http://checkstyle.sourceforge.net/config_naming.html#AbbreviationAsWordInName).
 Is there a specific reason we are setting it to 1?