Github user erikdw commented on the issue:

    @srdo : ah, I forgot that `final` was different from `static` + `final`,
and that `static` + `final` is *really* what a constant should be.

    So, in that list that I [posted
above](https://github.com/apache/storm/pull/2109#issuecomment-302000708) of the
[identifiers that are violating the abbreviation
standard](https://gist.github.com/erikdw/775de855745c4926ebe131651c04cde8), the
following ones are all probably improperly declared as just `final` instead of
`static` + `final`:

    ```
    % (find . -name 'checkstyle-result.xml' -exec cat {} \;) | grep
'consecutive capital letters' | cut -d';' -f2 | cut -d'&' -f1 | sort | uniq -c
| sort | grep -v '[a-z]'
       1 ATTEMPTS_INTERVAL_TIME
       1 BLOBSTORE_MAX_KEY_SEQUENCE_SUBTREE
       1 CHANNEL_ALIVE_INTERVAL_MS
       1 CLI
       1 COORD_STREAM
       1 DRPC
       1 INITIAL_SEQUENCE_NUMBER
       1 INT_CAPACITY
       1 MAX_NUM
       1 MAX_RETRY_ATTEMPTS
       1 MAX_ROUNDS
       1 ONE_HUNDRED
       1 OR
       1 PQ_SIZE
       1 PREPARE_ID
       1 SCM
       1 SPOUT_ID
       1 TOPOLOGY_WORKER_DEFAULT_MEMORY_ALLOCATION
       2 BLOBSTORE_SUBTREE
       2 STORM_CODE_SUFFIX
       2 STORM_CONF_SUFFIX
       2 STORM_JAR_SUFFIX
       7 LOG
    ```

    Those seem easy enough to fix!

    So I withdraw my objection to `ignoreFinal` being `true`, thanks for
pointing out my mistake.