> On Jan 29, 2018, at 8:03 PM, Jungtaek Lim <kabh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> - Do we ensure they're all maintained?
> -- Did we exclude inactive committers/PMCs for connector's committer
> sponsors, and do they have enough committer sponsors after that?

Good point. We’ve had some sponsors go silent recently. Maybe ping sponsors and
ask if they wish to maintain sponsorship?

As a sponsor for a number of connectors, I’ll check on the ones I’ve sponsored.

> - Do they all worth to keep maintaining in Storm main repository?

Again, that’s a question of whether there is user/dev interest.

> -- Should we trigger release if we find and resolve critical/blocker issue
> from them? If not, why we allow to leave the thing which is in main
> repository as inconsistent state?

Some are tied to fairly well established protocols, some target really volatile
APIs. Bug reports and mailing list activity may not be a good status indicator.

Storm’s Kafka integration was the initial model for the “batteries included”
impetus behind `external`. If we want to evolve how that works, why not start
there, see what works/doesn’t work, and adapt.

I don’t want to shock our users/consumers/distributors.

-Taylor