> >> There is just one issue left: Setting
strict-method-invocation="false"
> >> affects only actions configured in XML. When PackageConfig is created
by
> >> XmlConfigurationProvider that field is set but
> >> PackageBasedActionConfigBuilder from convention-plugin does not set
it.

> >> There could be 2 ways to solve this:
> >> - provide another package-level annotation @StrictMethodInvocation.
> >> - PackageBasedActionConfigBuilder could read existing PackageConfig
> >> figure out if it was set in xml.
> >
> > Thanks, I will try to figure out if it is possible
>
> Done, disabling Strict DMI affects also Convention plugin
>
> https://github.com/lukaszlenart/struts/commit/
> b8381057190c3abebbc3a65c404fd5de5f2c6c52

Wow, did not expect that I could be done with just such a small if.

But actually it currently does not behave as I would expect it. Due to
PackageConfig.isStrictMethodInvocation(). It checks parent packages first
which are usually preconfigured packages from s2 jars. If an application
package wants do disable strict-DMI it cannot extend a framework package.

Regards,
Christoph