> Well, I don't think it is necessary to check parent packages at all.
> Because strictDMI is a primitive boolean and cannot be null. So each
> package has it explicitly configured, inheriting it is not required.
> PackageConfig.isStrictMethodInvocation() should just return that value.

Not exactly, as Boolean.parseBoolean will return "false" if there was
null and null means there is no "strict-method-invocation" attribute
configured. That's why I have changed the logic to treat missing
"strict-method-invocation" attribute as "true" and evaluate parent
packages.

> What does the current implementation do?
> if strictDMI is set to false it returns false.
> if it is set to true parent packages are checked. if it is true in one
> parent true is returned.
> otherwise true is returned in anycase.
>
> IMHO it can be just a simple getter.

You are right :) But I have some doubts, what if someone has a large
application with multiple packages? Right now it will have to disable
Stritc DMI in each one, Strict DMI isn't inhertited so it can be done
in parent package (his own, not from Struts). But from other side we
want to have SMI* is enabled by default.

* SMI -> Stritc Method Invocation - it comes to me that DMI is
something different than SMI so we should use different abbrevation.
SMI works independly from DMI, SMI performs checks inside application
(tax police), and DMI does the same but on user input (border police).

Regards
--
Ɓukasz
+ 48 606 323 122 http://www.lenart.org.pl/