One thing I've been saying in some of the bugs I've been closing is my
desire to get out of the testing side of things. I have no desire to
maintain the existing TestNG, EasyMock, and Selenium support code ... you
may have noticed that I'm a fan of Spock for unit and mock testing, and Geb
for end-to-end integration testing.

I'd love to scrap the existing tapestry-core tests and rewrite for Spock
and Geb, but (alas), that is a huge effort.  But I would like to start
documenting in release notes and elsewhere that the path forward is to
invest in Spock and Geb.

Ok ... as usual, since I've been thinking about this in the background for
too long, my invitation to discuss sounds like a mandate ... but,
seriously, thoughts on this subject?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship

Creator of Apache Tapestry