On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>wrote:

One thing I've been saying in some of the bugs I've been closing is my
> desire to get out of the testing side of things. I have no desire to
> maintain the existing TestNG, EasyMock, and Selenium support code ... you
> may have noticed that I'm a fan of Spock for unit and mock testing, and Geb
> for end-to-end integration testing.
>
> I'd love to scrap the existing tapestry-core tests and rewrite for Spock
> and Geb, but (alas), that is a huge effort.  But I would like to start
> documenting in release notes and elsewhere that the path forward is to
> invest in Spock and Geb.
>
> Ok ... as usual, since I've been thinking about this in the background for
> too long, my invitation to discuss sounds like a mandate ... but,
> seriously, thoughts on this subject?

I totally agree.
I do have tests which use tapestry-tests and tests that use directly
EasyMock/Junit/TestNg directly, rewriting them in Spock/Geb is a no sense
now.

What about leaving tapestry-test as is and just deprecate it for 5.4 life ?

--
Massimo Lusetti