On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Ulrich Stärk <u...@spielviel.de> wrote:

One reason I haven't contributed much in terms of code for quite some time
> is the ever changing
> technology stack Tapestry is built with. We have an increasingly complex
> stack of bleeding-edge
> tools and technologies that I simply lack the time of keeping up with.
>
> I have the feeling that this might be a turn-down for other potential
> contributors as well. I won't
> be against it but don't be surprised about continously declining
> contributor activity.

One the other side I've always taken the "stack of bleeding-edge tools and
technologies" used inside Tapestry as a reason to learn cool new stuff and
ideas.

BTW Spock and Geb doesn't seem so new in the market, well newer then TestNG
and EasyMock yes.

I can buy your point of view from a "enterprise business" point of view but
I think we talking about a slow scrap with a deprecation cycle instead of
simply throw away in the trash.

--
Massimo Lusetti