Thoughts/Inputs/Discussion from Pig/Hive/Flink/Scalding/Scope communities?

I wish we had used a discussion thread to gather more input from
Pig/Hive/Flink/Scalding/Scope community before starting this vote whose
outcome affects them. Without discussion or votes from those communities
I'm not sure the community support for this decision. Should we consider
canceling this vote to gather input first?