Bob,
  As always, thank you for driving 2.0!

> My concern is we have been dual maintaining 2 branches for about 9 months.  I
> think the longer we do this the more risk there is that we miss something.

Agreed.  I think we're already missing a few things.

> Would it make sense to at least put a date out there for a feature cut off?

I'd be hesitant to do this.  To my mind, the key is the actual features and
devs who have time to implement them.

For me, the blocking new features are:

1) Implement various strategies for chaining multiple parsers against
individual files.  Much of this has been implemented, but what's holding us up
on this one (I think?) is a resettable outputstream.

2) Rich metadata (TIKA-1607)

The blocking tasks:
1) Get rid of old metadata tags in favor of "new" Dublin core
2) ???

I'm full up on other stuff at the moment, perhaps after we get 1.14 out, I can
turn to 2.0-specific development.

What else do we have to do? Anyone else have some time?

Cheers,

   Tim

I think it's a good thing to discuss.  I know there are other features that are
targeted for 2.0.  Do we have a general sense of where those features are at?
My concern is we have been dual maintaining 2 branches for about 9 months.  I
think the longer we do this the more risk there is that we miss something.
Would it make sense to at least put a date
out there for a feature cut off?   There's always 3.0 if things are not
close to being ready.

- Bob