Hello Rémy,

Few precisions inline

Le jeu. 30 mai 2019 à 00:34, Rémy Maucherat <r...@apache.org> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, May 29, 2019 at 11:35 PM Romain Manni-Bucau <rmannibu...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Rémy,
>>
>> Openwebbeans has a tomcat integration module - mainly standalone case,
>> and meecrowave subproject - embedded or ready to run fatjar. It looks like
>> it covers what you target. Where I am loosing track is why not improving
>> openwebbeans and forking the code in tomcat? At least i would expect to
>> discuss to move over tomcat the code on dev@owb - and I would support it
>> ;).
>>

> There's not a lot of code, so I don't call that a fork. The problem is
> that I need to make changes and adjustments in Tomcat, so in the end it
> can't be in owb. I used the code from webbeans-tomcat7, and didn't see any
> other modules (maybe you're referring to the ones in samples I just found).

Once done it can be hosted on both side.
Owb has the advantage to be know by users, tomcat to be a more natural home
for an integration. At the end it is mainly synchronizing both projects for
a consistent communication and code "move" IMHO.

For deep tomcat/cxf integration, you can use
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/openwebbeans/meecrowave/trunk/ - core
module. Technically it uses an embedded flavor but it would be easy to move
to a standalone one through a listener based on a small refactoring in
Meecrowave#start. The good part are the lifecycle and scanning integrations
+ the tooling to make testing and dev simple -
http://openwebbeans.apache.org/meecrowave/.