because developers can't know both?

we use both on OpenEJB (ok the ant part is small but it is used through the
maven plugin).

I don't know if it is because i used more maven than ant but when i checked
out tomcat the first time i wondered where was modules (corresponding to
jars). I was doing the same with ant. So i don't say use mvn or ant even if
IMHO mvn could be a benefit for the community. I just say be consistent
with your artifacts.

- Romain