I've been using Git more and more for Tomcat development and was
wondering what folks thought about moving Tomcat to git. This isn't a
formal proposal or a vote, I'm just trying to gather some views.

On the plus side:
- it is much easier to have multiple issues in progress at the
  same time and switch between them
- being able to work off-line but still commit is a huge benefit
  when working on a complex issue and you don't have internet
  access
- merging between branches (assuming all supported branches were in a
  single repo) is simpler

Neutral
- we would need to agree some simple guidelines for how we used git
- tooling seems equivalent to that available for svn (at for what I
  use anyway)

On the down side:
- there is much more potential to mess things up
- cleaning up is potentially more complex
- the disruption of the move - particularly if we want to move to a
  single git repo - could be significant

Thoughts?