Hi all

+1 for Git

About Maven, it will be a very good move also.
There is tons of projects inside ASF using Maven as their build tool.

There is also so many projects using Tomcat artefacts, hosted on
Central, that it will make their life easier if Maven was used has
main build tool for Tomcat.

One of Tomcat number one user, TomEE project, would certainly be more
than happy to see Tomcat Mavenized.

There is really tons of goods things in Maven, and when it's release
time, Maven Release Plugin, is a safe and fast approach.

One of our members, Olivier Lamy, worked on a Maven layout for Tomcat,
outside Tomcat trunk and it worked well.
And you should all know Olivier enough to know is mastering in Maven
area, so you'll never be alone or stuck.

So please, "ne jetez pas la bébé avec l'eau du bain", and take
sometime to reconsider positivly using Maven for Tomcat.