I still feel we are due another Milestone release until TomEE is a little
closer to the mark. There needs to be a really strong statement as to what
is available and what is not. There has already been some negative feedback
from power users that expected more, and were disappointed to find missing
features they expected to find merely based on the 7.x label - Wrongly
thinking that TomEE EE7 support was complete (Because we haven't really
told them).

Would there be a problem distributing the latest Hibernate (ASL) with
TomEE? - Even if some features would need unwrapping and documenting.

Andy.