> On Oct 6, 2022, at 4:24 AM, Swell <souheil.sul...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> David might jump in the boat to confirm, but, when updating the javadoc at
> https://tomee.apache.org/jakartaee-10.0/javadoc/ and others, i tried to add
> the MVC api to the javadoc and was told MVC is not part of the Full
> Specifications

Right, MVC, NoSQL and Data are currently not part of any Jakarta EE release
(8,9,9.1 or 10).  If we were to add it to TomEE, we could probably put the
javadoc up next to the jakartaee-* and microprofile-* javadoc so it's clear
we're not implying it's part of a Jakarta EE Platform release.

> I'm unsure if we should add them together? (MVC api + Krazo)
>
> about Krazo having a Final Release, it has, we just have to be cautions
> with the compatibility:

The primary thing we'd need in a PR to add Krazo is a working setup for the MVC
TCK.  We maybe don't need the TCK passing for the PR to be merged (mostly
passing could work), but it would need to pass before TomEE 9 goes final.
Lately we've been putting the TCK setups here:

 - https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/main/tck

We'd also want that in both Plus and Plume as they are supposed to be the same
in functionality and only differ by the implementations.

> The idea of a starter web page or an IDE plugin is great, does someone have
> knowledge in these fields?

I shared what I know on starter.  Jon once wrote an Eclipse Plugin.  Not sure
if any of it would be helpful if you wanted to write something:

 - https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/tomee/openejb-eclipse-plugin/

Certainly a plugin that added features to the server could be pretty cool!

Welcome to the land of "more ideas than time" :)  You're in good company :)  If
you find an escape route, let me know LOL :)

-David