Hi,

Am 21.09.2016 um 19:41 schrieb Richard Eckart de Castilho:
Hi,

- comparing source release vs svn tag - OK

- checking new modules - OK
   - ruta-maven-archetype
   - ruta-ep-parent

- checking POM changes - OK
   - some dltk dependency changes in ruta-ep-textruler, ruta-ep-ide-ui, etc. -
but all seem to be scope provided

I still wonder sometimes why some of them are required. The projects need to build on command line and in eclipse, and I need to run the plugins from within eclipse - all with the same config. I have to check if there is a reason for the diff in version.

   - no significant dependency changes, skipping looking for new license/notices

- building SVN tag with clean repo - OK

- why is the purpose of this apparently very broad exclude in the rat plugin
section of the pom in the project root?

                     <exclude>**</exclude>

I do not remember why I added it, most likely because I had to list really a lot of single entries, and there is not really anything that should be checked. I will remove it, and see if there was a reason.

Stopping here for the moment.

-- Richard

Notes:

- dependencies in dependencyManagement sections should IMHO not have scopes -
only versions. I remember having had problems in the past with scopes in
dependencyManagement when I later wanted to changed it in an actual dependency,
but I cannot remember the exact details.

I think, I can remove the scope. There was no reason to add it.

- Ruta XML descriptors still seem to have absolute paths in them... I still
find that odd...

Yes.
The situation has improved a bit over the years. Better maven support, better classpath support, and now better datapath support. The paths are now optional, but still required in the plain ruta projects due to the working dir on the eclipse installation and because the descriptors should work without any further config, also if something but the launch delegate is used. For me, these projects are only for prototyping or for some minimal testing. Real development is now done in maven projects using the classpath lookup. However, I do not know if I should replace all the example projects by maven projects.

Best,

Peter