I should have noticed i was responding on the user thread. Sorry. Taking
this just to dev, since users probably won't need to hear my response.

If you're willing to commit the change for 3.0, even though you don't use
it, that'd be great. I think you are right that just yanking the code and
documenting it in the changelog makes sense.  And yeah, this alone is
probably not worth a 2.0.1 release, so i guess leave it be.

Thanks, Chris!