On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 2:28 PM, James Carman
<jcar...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> Ok, so, how does the WicketFilter figure out which mapper to use?

It goes roughly like this:

- Wicket filter extract the part of URL after wicket filter
(represented by Url object)
- RequestCycle gets the Url
- RequestCycle asks root RequestMapper for appropriate RequestHandler
for the Url
- Root RequestMapper is either CompoundRequestMapper or delegates to a
CompoundRequestMapper
- CompoundRequestMapper asks each of its mapper for a score for given
URL and then depending on the score asks the mappers to decode the URL

The code is rather straightforward (especially compared to current
wicket code) so you can take a look yourself.

-Matej