Could you change versionId from "1.4-SNAPSHOT" to "1.5-experimental- SNAPSHOT" (or similar) to simplify testing with maven? It's a little nasty to overwrite the local repository...

Other that that the design looks very promising. I would love to have a simple way of mapping virtual urls to a DynamicContentPage for creating CMS-style pages

From the request mapper part I would like to do something something like this easily:

  map content from virtual url  (which is mapped at /)
e.g. /welcome.html would map to a database page, /logo.gif would map to a image/gif resource load dynamic content from database (which can be: page, image or other kind of resource, redirect to external url, etc.)
  output result:
  - render page
  - write resource
  - send redirect
  - ...

I still have to dig into the coding (so much code, so little time :-), probably all of this is already trivial and done :-)