+1 on removal of I
Mostly because names and consistency are very important, not because I
dislike I*.

I also do not like Model (Locator is much better), but I understand the
difficulties in this change - I think it would be even more confusing, when
everything currently is related to "models" - wiki, docs, books :(

But really, I think this should really be decided between the wicket
commiters :). If this will make them love Wicket project even more (at put
more hours in it :D ) - they can rename anything they want, I am willing to
take whatever steps are required from my part to fix my existing code.
Renaming staff is not that hard in modern ide. And so far upgrades from
Wicket versions are SOOOO easy ...