Hi Edmond,

>Tomcat 7.0 does not support Servlet 3.1, which is required for Wicket 8.
>I think we should drop wicket-native-websocket-tomcat

+1

> I'm not sure we still need wicket-atmosphere
> Atmosphere has a history of bugs and problems

+1

Let's drop both for 8.x

Have fun
Sven

On 13.01.2017 10:46, Emond Papegaaij wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering if we still need to support Tomcat 7.0 with native websockets.
As far as I can see, Tomcat 8.0 and 8.5 both support JSR 356 and Tomcat 7.0
does not support Servlet 3.1, which is required for Wicket 8. Therefore, I
think we should drop the wicket-native-websocket-tomcat module. Perhaps we
should also merge javax into core and place the examples with the other
examples.

With websockets becomming more and more standard, I'm not sure we still need
wicket-atmosphere. wicket-native-websocket provides the same functionallity
and more. Also, Atmosphere has a history of bugs and problems. I wouldn't
recommend anyone to use it.

Best regards,
Emond