All,

With the new release schedule of Java where they will (have)
release(d) Java 9, 10 and 11 in one year, what will we do with
Wicket's dependency on Java?

Will we move with the Long Term Support versions? AFAIK this will
require us to upgrade every year to a new major version.

Or will we stay with LTS-- as our major supported Java version?

If so, how do we work with deprecated technologies that we (or our
dependencies) use when they get removed, or Wicket plain stops working
on Java 10 (or Java 11), or stops building on one such version?

In the long run, I don't think it is possible for us to align Wicket
versions with major Java versions as we could in the previous years:

- wicket 1.5 -> Java 5 (actually Wicket 1.4, but who's counting)
- wicket 6 -> Java 6
- wicket 7 -> Java 7
- wicket 8 -> Java 8

would the next major version of Wicket be 11?

- wicket 11 -> Java 11?

Martijn