Maybe stupid question but: why not align with Java EE?

-> Java EE8 relies on JDK8, not JDK 9 - and wicket 8 relies on JDK 8
-> Java EE9 (or whatever naming scheme comes) might rely on Java 11 lts -> so
align wicket 9 (or whatever EE naming scheme) with JDK 11?

In the end the Java version itself is not so imprtant for Wicket as IMHO the EE
is as its all in EE space in view to the web-server-side...
(wicket needs servlet and thats part of EE)

----- Urspr√ľngliche Mail -----