Hi Rasika,

In a UX point of view, IMHO it's better to have both options as
configurations giving the user more flexibility of using the product.
Furthermore it would avoid sending in unnecessary data if only one option
is needed.

+1 for having separate configurations IMO.

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Rasika Perera <rasi...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> In IoT Server v3.1.0 geo location services is enabled with the following
> configuration;
>
> <GeoLocationConfiguration>
>       <isEnabled>true</isEnabled>
>       <PublishLocationOperationResponse>true</
> PublishLocationOperationResponse>
> </GeoLocationConfiguration>
>
> ​With the new feature developments; In latest IoT Server(master branch);
> now we also allow publishing device-info responses through the same
> configuration.
>
> <OperationAnalyticsConfiguration>
>       <isEnabled>true</isEnabled>
>       <PublishOperationResponse>true</PublishOperationResponse>
> </OperationAnalyticsConfiguration>
>
> However; there might be use cases for enabling *geo location services*
> *without*
> *publishing all the device-info* into IoT-Analytics server. Hence, As per
> the discussion with Charitha; I am planning to change the above
> configuration as below;
>
> <OperationAnalyticsConfiguration>
>       <PublishLocationResponse>true</PublishLocationResponse>
>       <PublishOperationResponse>true</PublishOperationResponse>
> </OperationAnalyticsConfiguration>
>
> WDYT? Appreciate your comments and ideas.
>
> Best Regards,
> ~Rasika
>
> --
> With Regards,
>
> *Rasika Perera*
> Senior Software Engineer
> LinkedIn: http://lk.linkedin.com/in/rasika90
>
> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>
> WSO2 Inc. www.wso2.com
> lean.enterprise.middleware

*Thanks and Best Regards,*
Imesh Ashandimal Chandrasiri
*Software Engineer*
WSO2, Inc.
lean . enterprise . middleware
*E:* ime...@wso2.com | *P:* 0716519187

Disclaimer: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential
information and is intended exclusively for the addressee/s. If you are not
the intended recipient/s, or believe that you may have received this
communication in error, please reply to the sender indicating that fact and
delete the copy you received and in addition, you should not print, copy,
retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information contained in this
communication. Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely,
secure, error or virus-free. The sender does not accept liability for any
errors or omissions.