Hi Rasika & all,

BTW, with our current implementation we are publishing operation response
of DeviceInfo if *PublishOperationResponse* is enabled. So shall we changed
it as *PublishDeviceInfoResponse* ? Also since it is useful to publish
Operation response payloads to Analytics for further processing, shall we
add that capability to the IoTS? If so we might need to introduce a way to
filter out required operations which needs to send responses to the
Analytics. So I would like to suggest to change above configuration as
follows to accommodate that.

<AnalyticsOperationConfigurations>
      <PublishLocationResponse>true</PublishLocationResponse>
      <PublishDeviceInfoResponse>true</PublishDeviceInfoResponse>
      <PublishOperationResponse>
          <isEnabled>true</isEnabled>
          <operations>
              <operation>BATTERY_LEVEL</operation>
              <operation>CHECK_LOCK_STATUS</operation>
          </operations>
      </PublishOperationResponse>
</AnalyticsOperationConfigurations>

Also if we want to publish responses for all operations, we can set it as
follows:

<AnalyticsOperationConfigurations>
      <PublishLocationResponse>true</PublishLocationResponse>
      <PublishDeviceInfoResponse>true</PublishDeviceInfoResponse>
      <PublishOperationResponse>
          <isEnabled>true</isEnabled>
          <operations>
              <operation>*</operation>
          </operations>
      </PublishOperationResponse>
</AnalyticsOperationConfigurations>

In order to received operation responses, we also need to have Event
receiver and event stream in Analytics side.

WDYT?

Thanks & Regards,
/charithag

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Inosh Perera <ino...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Rasika,
>
> +1,
> I assume in the default configuration we will keep both these values to
> false since by default we would not need the publish info to DAS. Also,
> when you say publish operation response, does it mean we are publishing all
> operation info such as application list, device info and policy responses?
> If it's only device info, naming the config to PublishDeviceInfoResponse
> would make more sense IMO.
>
> Regards,
> Inosh
>
> On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 12:36 PM, Rasika Perera <rasi...@wso2.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> In IoT Server v3.1.0 geo location services is enabled with the following
>> configuration;
>>
>> <GeoLocationConfiguration>
>>       <isEnabled>true</isEnabled>
>>       <PublishLocationOperationResponse>true</PublishLocatio
>> nOperationResponse>
>> </GeoLocationConfiguration>
>>
>> ​With the new feature developments; In latest IoT Server(master branch);
>> now we also allow publishing device-info responses through the same
>> configuration.
>>
>> <OperationAnalyticsConfiguration>
>>       <isEnabled>true</isEnabled>
>>       <PublishOperationResponse>true</PublishOperationResponse>
>> </OperationAnalyticsConfiguration>
>>
>> However; there might be use cases for enabling *geo location services*
>> *without*
>> *publishing all the device-info* into IoT-Analytics server. Hence, As
>> per the discussion with Charitha; I am planning to change the above
>> configuration as below;
>>
>> <OperationAnalyticsConfiguration>
>>       <PublishLocationResponse>true</PublishLocationResponse>
>>       <PublishOperationResponse>true</PublishOperationResponse>
>> </OperationAnalyticsConfiguration>
>>
>> WDYT? Appreciate your comments and ideas.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> ~Rasika
>>
>> --
>> With Regards,
>>
>> *Rasika Perera*
>> Senior Software Engineer
>> LinkedIn: http://lk.linkedin.com/in/rasika90
>>
>> <http://wso2.com/signature>
>>
>> WSO2 Inc. www.wso2.com
>> lean.enterprise.middleware
>>

> --
> Inosh Perera
> Senior Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc.
> Tel: 077813 7285, 0785293686

*Charitha Goonetilleke*
Senior Software Engineer
WSO2 Inc.; http://wso2.com
lean.enterprise.middleware

mobile: +94 77 751 3669 <%2B94777513669>
Twitter:@CharithaWs <https://twitter.com/CharithaWs>, fb: charithag
<https://www.facebook.com/charithag>, linkedin: charithag
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/charithag>

<http://wso2.com/signature>