Github user gss2002 commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/pull/1503

    @zjffdu I tried that same code multiple times and it did not work to be
completely honest.. I have an email out to a JDK Developer/Debugger for one of
the large JDK vendors to find out why this isn't specifically working. The
reason I moved to the Singleton model for those classes is to prevent some bad
stuff from happening as there is no guarantee when you have multiple requests
coming in at the same time that you won't end up with multiple maps. Also I
opened ZEPPELIN-1546 to try to solve the 404 problem which I was able to solve.
If you want go ahead and merge. I will refactor the code after the fact but
honestly I would try to move to the singleton model if multiple request and
users will be hitting the Interpreter. I do understand trying to keep this code
simple but unfortunately this is not a simple function. if you would like to
discuss this further offline shoot me an email.

    I based my implementation off of this and some issues I hit supporting some
large scale apps over the years.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11165852/java-singleton-and-synchronization

---
with INFRA.