Github user anmolnar commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/580

    @eolivelli
    I got that this is Facebook work on adding new metrics and at the same time
you're working on a generic long term solution for ZooKeeper metrics system.

    My point is that we should get these 2 initiatiatives as close as possible
and minimize the need for refactoring on both sides.

    > will be (quite) easily refactored to the new system once we have merged
Facebook contribs and merged the new system.

    I'm not sure that we can get to that point in the short term, hence I
encourage to do these 2 things side by side.

---