Github user eolivelli commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/580

    I think it will be easier for FB guys to merge their work to community repo
and then we can move to the new system.
    Otherwise the two forks will never converge.

    So I will lean towards merging all the FB work about metrics and then
convert to the new system.

    In parallel we can take decisions about the new system, we can merge my
changes as long as they do not have significant impact at runtime..

    For me it would be a nice  approch to let @lvfangmin convert eventually the
instrumentation points to the new system.

    I can focus on implementation of providers, like Prometheus and Dropwizard

---