+1 (non-binding)

- I built the source code (-Pfull-build) on Ubuntu 20.04 using OpenJDK
8u212 and maven 3.6.3.
- all the unit tests passed (both Java and C-client).
- I also built and executed unit tests for zkpython
- checkstyle and spotbugs passed
- apache-rat passed
- owasp (CVE check) passed
- I executed quick rolling-upgrade tests (using
https://github.com/symat/zk-rolling-upgrade-test):
  - rolling upgrade from 3.5.9  to 3.5.10
  - rolling upgrade from 3.5.10 to 3.6.3
  - rolling upgrade from 3.5.10 to 3.7.1
  - rolling upgrade from 3.7.0  to 3.8.0
- check generated documentation
- compared generated release notes (
https://people.apache.org/~symat/zookeeper-3.5.10-rc0/website/releasenotes.html)
with Jira (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310801&version=12349434
)
- check the signature and checksum of the artifacts
- run some smoke tests using both the binary distribution
(apache-zookeeper-3.5.10-bin.tar.gz) and on a freshly compiled version
(based on apache-zookeeper-3.5.10.tar.gz)

The C-client tests can be tricky (and annoying) sometimes. On docker some
of them fail for me more frequently (also IPV6 tests can be tricky to setup
on docker+mac). Also sometimes they leave ZooKeeper processes open after a
test failure, and these are preventing later test runs to pass. Worth to
take a look and kill these before running the C tests again. In the end I
got all of them to pass on Ubuntu 20.04 and gcc 9.4.0 (using native ubuntu,
not mac+docker), having all the recommended ubuntu packages installed (
https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/blob/master/README_packaging.md). But
would be nice to improve our test quality here... (unfortunately I don't
think more recent branches would be in a much better shape)

Best regards,
Mate