Thank you for checking and reporting the issue!

Maven should be the 'official way' of building the artifacts on 3.5.
The release candidate builds with java 8 and java 11, but I was able to
reproduce the same problem with maven 3.6.3 and JDK 18.

I found a related jira issue:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ZOOKEEPER-4382 - "Update Maven Bundle
Plugin in order to allow builds on JDK18"
This was not backported originally to branch-3.5 and I also missed it
preparing RC 0.

The strange thing is that I can still build the ZooKeeper 3.5.9 with JDK
18, even without ZOOKEEPER-4382. Something with the dependency upgrades (or
other pod modifications) must have triggered this issue between 3.5.9 and
3.5.10.

If 3.5.9 was built with jdk 18, it should also work with 3.5.10.

I cancel this vote and prepare a new RC.

Thanks again everyone for testing!

Best regards,
Mate