Christopher,

Il giorno dom 4 dic 2022 alle ore 19:34 Christopher
<ctubb...@apache.org> ha scritto:

> It might be worth reconsidering the contributing "requirement" to make a
> JIRA ticket. A lot of JIRA tickets don't have useful information in them
> anyway... they are just being created because it's required, which is just
> extra work without benefits. The PR usually has more relevant information
> and can serve as its own ticket, in my opinion.

I agree with you.

Currently we require a JIRA  because we can easily create release notes.
We could switch to GH issues, but that would require some help/work to
prepare a new
release procedure. (in my projects I am participating we switched to
GH issues, and actually
create release notes is quite a pain, even with some automation)

Namjae
This is the guide to create a JIRA account
https://infra.apache.org/jira-guidelines.html#who

We can create a JIRA account for you as soon as you provide the
requested information as reported in the document

in the meantime I create a JIRA ticket for you, this is all you need
to tag your commit message propertly

Enrico