Laszlo,

I believe all the code for the AP startup vector
is already in edk2.

It is a combination of the reset vector code in
UefiCpuPkg/ResetVecor/Vtf0 and an IA32/X64 specific
feature in the GenFv tool.  It sets up a 4KB aligned
location near 4GB which can be used to start an AP
using INIT-SIPI-SIPI.

DI is set to 'AP' if the processor is not the BSP.
This can be used to choose to put the APs into a
wait loop executing from the protected FLASH region.

The SMM Monarch on a hot add event can use the Local
APIC to send an INIT-SIPI-SIPI to wake the AP at the 4KB
startup vector in FLASH.  Later the SMM Monarch
can sent use the Local APIC to send an SMI to pull the
hot added CPU into SMM.  It is not clear if we have to
do both SIPI followed by the SMI or if we can just do
the SMI.

Best regards,

Mike