Hi again,

(+Ray)

On 11/12/19 03:55, Michael D Kinney wrote:
> EDK II Maintainers,
>
> EDK II CI Phase 1 feature is now active on edk2/master.
>
> Please use a GitHub pull request from a branch in a personal
> fork of the edk2 repository with a 'push' label to request
> a set of patches to be pushed to edk2/master.  The GitHub PR
> replaces the 'git push' operation currently used to commit
> changes to edk2/master.
>
> You will need to configure your notifications from the edk2
> repository to make sure you receive email notifications
> when the checks against the GitHub PR passes or fails.
>
> If you submit a GitHub Pull Request without the 'push'
> label, then the CI checks are run and the results are
> generated.
>
> Please let us know if there are any questions about this
> change in the development process.

now that a few PRs have been merged "in production", using the above
procedure, I'd like to propose an addition.

I've received a number of PR notifications, and I generally have no idea
how to associate them with what happens on the list. My proposal is
supposed to improve on that.

Note that, I have always suggested / requested including links, pointing
into the mailing list archive, in Bugzilla tickets for which new
versions of patch sets have been posted. This (brief) proposal is a
natural continuation / extension of that idea.

- When opening a GitHub PR, as described in the above procedure, please
*always* include a reference in the PR's title to the associated
TianoCore bugzilla ticket, if there is one.

- Similarly, please add a link, pointing to the GitHub PR, to the
bugzilla ticket.

For example, if I look at the following email:

  [tianocore/edk2] Cpu/remove xd (#164)

it tells me basically *nothing*. And if I open

  https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/164

in my web browser, it still tells me nothing.

The PR title should include a reference to TianoCore#2329, and
TianoCore#2329 should include a reference to
<https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/pull/164>.

Yes, this is more work than before. It is necessary because now we have
*more artifacts* related to pushing (merging) a patch series. Those
artifacts should not just hang in the air.

Ray: now that the series has been merged, can you please reference the
GitHub PR, and the resultant commit range, in TianoCore#2329? Also, can
you please close the bugzilla as fixed?

Thanks,
Laszlo