Not anything that I can point you to on the web, but a long time ago I wrote a
"database logger" that opened a FIFO pseodo-file, waited for programs to "write" to
that file, parsed the input and logged to a database. it wasn't that hard even, so I'm
pretty sure that other people have done such stuff too and maybe you can find it
publicly available.

--
Oded Arbel
m-Wise mobile solutions

+972-9-9581711 (116)
+972-67-340014

::..
You know your apartment is small...
        when you can't know its position and velocity at the same time.
        you put your key in the lock and it breaks the window.
        you have to go outside to change your mind.
        you can vacuum the entire place using a single electrical outlet.