I'll jump on the /etc/repos.d bandwagon. It follows a convention commonly found in lots of other configuration directories and I feel it's much more concise and clear than /etc/distro.repos.d.

I'm not sure I fully understand the rationale behind using distros.repos.d as the directory name in the first place. Distros, in the Linux context, suggest something fairly well defined; variants of the Linux based operating systems. To stick with the the original justification:

> [...] /etc/distro.repos.d path is a
package manager agnostic name [...]

I would think something called /etc/software.repos.d or /etc/vendors.repos.d would make more sense if you really want to keep the foo.bar.d convention.

 -Ted