On 09/14/2016 05:46 PM, Matthew Miller wrote:

What I'd_really_  love to see is a layer separating bug trackers from
end users.

That layer already exist in the form of irc forum and askbot does it not?
( someone from the support sub-community can provide information how successful these are )

And from my former QA days I cant recall that end users issues being mistakenly reported in bugzilla existed in the first place or was a problem for that matter. ( The steps that are necessary to file a report to begin with, act as a natural filter that prevents that from happening ) I'm only aware of one bug ( arguably misfiled ) against systemd in the distribution that might fall under that category but that is entirely due to the fact those changes slipped through the distribution documentation and announcement radar ( which arguably should have been covered in Gnome ) so end users/administrators simply dont know how they are custom to configure things does not work in certain scenarios with certain components.

JBG