On Thu, 2017-04-13 at 09:14 -0400, Christian Schaller wrote:
> Actually isn't Cockpit our 'YAST', I mean it is not a 1to1 thing, but
> for a lot of things Cockpit provides the featureset a sysadmin would
> want.

Yeah, Cockpit is an interesting one. But I see it as being a sort of
webapp 'desktop environment' for sysadmins, rather than being a set of
Fedora configuration tools. Notably Cockpit isn't developed by
*Fedora*, and even for Red Hat it's not really "the Red Hat
configuration tools", it's an upstream, the way we conceive of FreeIPA
or GNOME or the kernel or anything else we ultimately pull into our
distributions. It might be a thing we pull into our distributions,
which is developed primarily by Red Hatters, but it's not a part of the
*distribution development process*, and indeed Cockpit is being shipped
by other distros now.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey